So I have been wearing make up pretty late in life... I think actually started when I was 18? So through the years, I've gradually learnt how to use make up as a tool to 'beautify' myself. Of course, I must say it sure isn't easy learning how to use them correctly! My mom and my back then roomie, Jenn was kinda my make up guru where Jenn has obviously taught me all the basics and essentials that I need. =)
Among all the make up there is, I must say that the mascara is probably the most important one for me. That's cause I personally feel with the right mascara, it really opens up your eyes to give the illusion as though have huge eyes! And when I say huge, I really meant that it can do wonders.... For me, its a definite essential for those who have small eyes, and its also an essential for those who... well... are feeling sleepy but wanna fake their looks... =)
Obviously there're a lot more other make up that can help open up your eyes such as eyeliner and eye-shadow, but I find putting eye-shadow a hassle especially first thing in the morning when u're still... erm... sleepy...
But whatever it is, I find applying mascara without eye-liner & eye-shadow gives me a very natural look that I simply adore! =) So anyway, I've been using a few mascaras over the past few years, and here's my opinion about some products...
Volume express turbo boost (waterproof) by maybelline. I must say this's my first mascara and I've used it for the a few years (i think i bought 2-3 of this mascara!) before I decided that I wanna try something new...
Pros:
- Gives u the big volumised look that's perfect for night time glamour look
- I generally loved it as I found that it made my eyes looked super huge even after my first application
Cons:
- Sometimes I feel that it can be a bit heavy for my eye lashes (or maybe its me who cant curl my lashes well)
- I personally dont like the shape of the tube... its fat and bulky so... =)
Unstoppable curly extension (dont think its waterproof) also by maybelline. After my first experience with maybelline, i decided to stick by it and chose something different... something that could lift up my lashes and make it curl up.
Pros:
- The brush was significantly smaller, so I found it way easier to apply it to my inner and outer lash
- It really do lift up my lashes! (not sure if my skills of curling eye lashes had improved or what)
Cons:
- It keeps getting smudged, even after it has been dried!
- It causes my eyelashes to stick between each other, and I hated that... Especially when I accidentally fell asleep in the car or train or something, and I so happened to rest on my face.... Its a disaster....
Grow-luscious by Revlon (I got the waterproof one). Just bought it early this year... Apparently it says that this will help grow your eye lashes, so I decided to give it a try...
Pros:
- Seriously? Not one that I can think of... I didnt stick around to see whether or not my eye lashes did grow as according to their research... Just not for me...
Cons:
- The brush is definitely too bulky for me, and I really didn't like that
- This particular mascara keeps flaking and the bits of mascara flakes will land onto my cheeks or worse, into my eyes! Imagine the irritation I have to put up with....
- Before I can finish the mascara application, I feel as though my mascara on the wand has dried up... A dried up mascara when brand new? Either I've been conned, or this sucks.. big time...
- The application is not smooth, and its definitely a difficult and painful process for me to just apply it on my eyes.
- When I do successfully apply it, the after effect is as though I haven't had any mascara on. Some people might like it cause it gives the natural look, but not me.... Especially not the flaking part...
Renewal lash serum by l'oreal. Yes, its not mascarra, but hey, its for the eye lash too! I just got frenzy about the idea of growing eyelashes so I've decided to invest on it.
Pros:
- After using it for about 2 weeks, I can actually see that my bottom lashes have grown! I used to have minimal and sparse bottom lashes, but now with this, I can actually apply mascara to my bottom lash!
- I think my upper lashes had grown, but not much... or maybe its just me...
- I think my eye lashes do no drop off as often as they usually do.
Cons:
- It can be a little bit sticky
- It leaves this white residue if you apply too much, or if you accidentally rubbed your eyes after the serum coating has dried.
- It stings my eyes when I apply it, but just for a little while... No pain, no gain right?
Double extension mascara (waterproof) by l'oreal. I just cant stand the mascara I bought from revlon, and really, i had to get a new one... Just bought it yesterday, and tried it out just once so far...
Pros:
- When it says extension, I can really feel that my eye lashes were instantly longer after applying this mascara! Too bad it just didnt stay that way after I washed it off.
- My eye lashes was longer, and neatly separated. Perfect for working or using it during the day as it does not give u the dramatic thick lashes.
- Really easy to apply as it slides really easily, coating all of my eyelashes.
- Just one coating is enough to do the job for me of lengthening
Cons:
- A little bit troublesome cause its a 2-step process. But hey, its really easy to apply so I dont mind.
- A tiny bit expensive for someone who's not working or for students (personal opinion)
- DIFFICULT to remove even with my make up remover! So yes, I must say I spend a lot more time removing this mascara compared to other products...
So there you go... the few products that i've been using and what i think about it. There's a lot of mascaras out there in the market, and hey... if one doesn't suits you, just get another one... Trust me, its definitely worth it...
Till then, signing off!!
*~*~*Sue*~*~*





No comments:
Post a Comment