Ah... after what seems like days... I realised that I have a blog! And that's not a good sign at all cause that means my blog has been completely neglected! Oh wait... it has been months since my last update? whoa! What happened over the past few months?! >.<
Life now isn't as great as what it once was.... Back when I was a student, books and lectures and assignments were my LIFE and now I have to delicately balance my life between working, sleep, eating healthily to live up to my awesome "Dietitian" title, spend time with the boy and the family, study, socialising, entertainment, and of course... cleaning of my own mess!
Life now looks pretty much like this:
Working life:
Ah yes... working life... What's life without work... Besides sleep, earning money is the second biggest thing in my life now... @.@
But I guess I cant complain much... I have got interesting cases, seeing a variety of people from CONFUSED patients, to dying patients, to REQUESTING to die patients, to nice patients, to 100 years old patients, to pain-in-the-ass patients, to tinny little premature babies, to flirty patients, to morbidly obese patients, to 'living skeleton patients', and the list just goes on...
Interesting workload? Yea, I must agree it sure is! And what's more, I am one complete 'genius' to apply for a senior dietitian job and I actually GOT IT! @.@ Now before I even learn how to walk properly, I'm trying to run! Seriously... Fresh grad, less than a year's experience and apply for a level 3 position... I must be insane at that point of time.... But hey, with stress comes motivation I guess... My "life chart" will change soon and there will be a huge section for "study" in the near future!
Other than patients, I must say staff here are awesome, I have supportive colleagues and nowadays I spend less time communicating and actually spend more time on paper work! Nuff said bout working life... next on the list...
Time with the boy:
Pretty self explanatory isn't it? In short, we are still doing the LDR thing... in fact, now we are doing a Long-er Distance Relationship as the boy is now in Europe at this very moment as I type... Lucky boy....
FYI: YES, I actually DID persuade him to get me a souvenir... Persuade? Maybe more on threaten him to get me a souvenir! >) And post cards from the other side of the world! =)
Now that he's in Europe, time spent talking to him has reduced significantly... which probably free up some space for other personal stuff like... work... studying for work... and organising things for work... and looking at stationary for work... @.@ *I'm a workaholic!*
Eating 'healthy':
Yeap... Have to eat healthy to live up to my reputation as a dietitian isn't it? =P I wonder how many people actually think I eat really healthily... At least I have 3 meals a day (with much emphasise on "at least") =)
Time spent with family:
Pretty much means skype with mainly mom... Whenever there's free time and we both happen to be in front of the computer...
Cooking and Grocery shopping:
As a dietitian, I must say that I should spend more time on this area... Spending HOURS in the kitchen and cooking up a storm for the next 1 week for lunch AND dinner isn't quite the best way to prepare food... @.@ Suggestions? *If I earned big bucks, I could probably afford to eat out daily!* =)
Social life and Entertainment:
Seriously... Social life? In Tasmania? HAHAHAHAHAHA... Joke of the day.. REALLY!! My friends are my colleagues, my colleagues are my friends... And people that I know OUTSIDE of the hospital? Well... The only people that I kinda know outside of the hospital is probably my patients who are well enough to walk around for me to run into them... @.@
Entertainment... Is probably the time spent in front of my laptop reading nonsense comics and doing 'window' online shopping... And probably catching a movie every once in the blue moon where the tickets are waaaaayyyy too overpriced...
Cleaning:
Happens when I wash clothes and plates and a little tidying of my room when I have some spare time... And ever so often, I will do some ironing of clothes...
Sleep:
Is VERY IMPORTANT ... Need to prevent wrinkles... And dark circles... and eye bags... >.<
If only life was really that easy and we could compartmentalise our life as according to how we want... Anyhow... I can't wait to go back to Malaysia at this point of time... Its FREEZING cold to the extend that I am pretty sure I am living in a fridge on most days, and occasionally I'm living in a FREEZER! Temperature going below 0 is NOT fun... Its cold, and gloomy, and the sun sets too early! Not to mention I have to get rid of a layer of frost around the car in the morning means waking up EARLIER! >.<
Speaking of which... I have a car! Finally the freedom to travel! =) Unfortunately getting a car comes with a price... And this includes BUYING the car, BUYING insurance, SPENDING on servicing of car, PAYING for road tax and registration, BUYING more stuff for car such as "anti-fog liquid".
All the hard work of working... All spent on travelling to see the boy, phone bill, rent, electricity bill, food, internet bill, petrol, etc... =(
If only money could just drop down from the sky... that'd be so AWESOME...
Wonder when will I be free to post up another blog... Time will tell...
*~*~*Sue*~*~*

No comments:
Post a Comment