Thursday, December 8, 2011

Updates over past 2ish months

Hey peeps... sorry for the LOOOOOOONNNGGG delay.... Got soooo caught up with loads of things such as Bro came over from melbie to visit me, went to hobart for a conference, went out for lots and lots of dinners with the pharmacy gang and with the doc, a friend of mine got engaged, got pretty much addicted with the song "best friend" by jason chen, and also being pretty much bored out of my brains busy drawing sketches and now trying to colouring one of my sketches during the weekends.

So far work is getting just more and more busy. I've volunteered to help out in LOADS of stuff cause... initially I had nothing much to do and I felt that I needed to be more productive instead of sitting around the wards and hoping for more nutritionally compromised patients to appear before my eyes waiting for referrals... So now I've got paper works, helping to clear up the resources folder, starting to process referrals for outpatients and seeing outpatients when I'm free, did an in-service for malnutrition screening talk, offered to help out in the organising of next year weekend workshop (tas), and also volunteered in the carbohydrate exchange group thingy... And not forgetting my main priority is still my inpatients (that's what i'm hired for anyway).

So anyway, bits and pieces of things happening in inpatient settings:

  1. I got to 2 patients in the kiddy's wards! =)
  2. I actually got called in to the emergency department @.@ and its to see patient, not because I got myself into trouble
  3. Had a patient with TPN
  4. Have a patient with possible eating disorder
  5. Have unlimited amounts of people with diverticulitis lately @.@
  6. Also have almost uncountable amount of stroke patients
  7. Most of my patients are pretty much in the elderly groups, and main reason for referral is patient at risk of malnutrition
  8. So far have had 3 enteral feeding patients (2 via NGT, 1 via PEG) and 1 parenteral feeding patient (of which I didn't get to plan the feeding regime or anything)
  9. Patient mistaken me as a "School girl"
  10. Patient telling one of the doctors that "The Dietitian (me! me! me!) is very useful" *feeling proud*
  11. Last week was probably my craziest week so far... had 10 new referrals on monday, and 2-3 new referrals on tues, had a last min urgent referral on the evening of friday! 
And this week for one of my outpatients, I hadn't had a clue that english wasn't her first language until AFTER I've booked her in for an appointment that's due in the next day. Ended up couldn't get a phone translator on time and had to actually draw basic pictures of foods so she understood exactly wat foods I'm trying to say! @.@ Thank goodness my drawing skills have improved since schooling days. 

Oh oh, need to remember to buy flight ticket to and from melbourne during cny.... parents coming over for visit!!! so there's still the family reunion this year... YAY! =)

Wat else... Oh right, i'm turning another year older in a weeks time, and I will be flying to brissie in 12 days! =) Holiday... ooooo boy... just cant wait... Some holiday or break sure sounds PERFECT for now.... 

Meanwhile, there wouldn't be any pictures for this post... too lazy to upload, and also need to do reading on eating disorders and try to get a better understanding on it... 

Till then world, I'll probably update my blog next year!!

So merry xmas and happy new year (and maybe happy chinese new year as well) too all of you lovely people who still takes the effort to drop by and read my rants! hahahhahaha....

*~*~*~Sue*~*~*

No comments: