Saturday, September 24, 2011

Let the music fill your soul

Lets see... its been almost 3 weeks since I've been here in Tassie, and I've been working for 11 days now... of which I've been on my own for 4 days... Not too bad if you ask me... At least I don't think I've done anything to harm any patients under me...

I was suppose to be asleep since an hour ago... But I'm too absorbed into listening to music that I can't sleep.... Strange? I wonder.... Music is something that should calm the soul, where people find peace with it...



Whereas for me, some music just fills me up on the inside to the extend I feel energised and ready to sing my lung outs!


Or.. maybe I'm just another weird kid on the block....


So anyway I've been listening to the song All or Nothing by O Town... Melody was just amazingly beautiful... Lyrics was meaningful, but... a bit sad as well....

All or Nothing - O Town
I know when he's been on your mind
That distant look is in your eye
I thought with time you'd realize
It's over over
It's not the way I choose to live
And something somewhere's got to give
As sharing this relationship gets older older
You know I'd fight for you
But how I can fight someone who isn't even there
I've had the rest of you now I want the best of you
I dont care if that's not fair

Chorus: 
Cause I want it all
Or nothing at all
There's no where left to fall
When you reach the bottom it's now or never
Is it all
Or are we just friends
Is this how it ends
With a simple telephone call
You leave me here with nothing at all

There are times it seems to me
I'm sharing you with memories
I feel it in my heart
But I dont show it show it
And then there's times you look at me
As though I'm all that you can see
Those times I don't believe it's right
I know know it

Don't me make me promises
Baby you never did know how to keep them well 
I've had the rest of you
Now I want the best of you
It's time for show and tell

Chorus 

Cause you and I
Could lose it all if you've got no more room
No room inside for me in your life
Cause I want it all
Or nothing at all
There's no where left to fall
It's now or never

Chorus x2 




I wonder why is it this song have this sudden huge impact on me today.... I wonder is it because of the melody? Or its because of the lyrics? I sure hope is the melody... With my relatively new Sennheiser earphones, I think I've just discovered a whole brand new level of music... A level where music is not as simple as just listening to some random sound... Its more on feeling the music running through your soul and to actually be able to feel the true meaning of the actual song...

Or maybe... I'm getting insane... I sure missed playing on my darling keyboard... =( And I sure missed dancing... and I missed singing in the choir...

I kinda missed the past... Especially in Newie where I had a bunch of great girlfriends to laugh and to cry together... Also missed home where I don't have to worry about a single thing... Mainly cause mom's home... =) Now... What is a Home??? In my own personal opinion, I think Home is..........


.........................





A stress free place for the kids, and a mad house for the parents... 


=)

Haha... nah, seriously... I think Home is where the heart yearns to be... And I know at this present time, Tasmania is nowhere near comparable to home for me...

Tasmania, Tassie,  Tas.... What do I have to say about you.... Its a lovely, BEAUTIFUL place to be in... But unfortunately at night the temperature drops low enough to the extend I will just sit on the bed shivering... And I am currently shivering under the blankets as I am typing out this entry.... Strangely enough, after I fall asleep, I feel pretty warm under the blanket!

Other than that... what else do I have to add on about my life here so far....

  • My landlady / friend's sis / my friend is a really nice person... She makes sure I have everything I need, and she even reminded me not to open door to strangers when she left the house few nights ago (that's cause some random stranger have been knocking on the main door a few nights ago when she wasn't in)!
  • The house mate isn't too bad a person as well... As far as I am concerned, I get along fine with her.
  • My mentors / dietetics colleagues are really nice helpful people... Nothing like JHH where there's so much politics.... Absolutely love them!
  • The staff in the hospital are generally quite nice.... I must say the doctors here are extraordinarily nice compared to most of the snobby doctors back in JHH... I must say I really feel welcomed and accepted here in this small lil hospital! Among all the staff, I seem to be getting really well with the pharmacist in the hospital though... =)
  • So far there are a few doctors that stand out in my mind...
    - There's the Dr funny... cause he's really funny.... Makes most of the staff laugh... His presence sure brighten up the day of the people in the ward...
    - And there's this Dr nice, where he's... well... really nice... He's one of the first dr. that actually introduced himself to me... and he actually sat down and listened to me talking about what sort of patients should be referred to a dietitian, and etc.... I wonder if he was really interested in listening or he was just bored cause there wasn't much to do at that point of time... hmm....
    - And there's this Dr outgoing... I guess this nickname kinds of explains his personality... Outgoing person... =)
    - And there's this Dr how-can-i-help-you where so far I've got no problem getting my request done in no time (make my life easier) such as charting my high energy drinks as part of the medication round for a patient...
    - There's also this Dr serious... where he always seems to be very serious and worked up about things... But when he has nothing to do, he'll go disturb Dr nice.... But overall, he's not too bad a person....
    - Oh, and there's Dr quiet where she's a really nice lady, but she seems to be relatively quiet... Or maybe I'm too talkative... >.<
    - And not forgetting, there's Dr understanding where he really tries to understand about my profession, about why I do certain things... He's also another great person 
  • And so far I must say the person I'm closest to is my landlady / friend / friend's sis.... Next few ppl I'm close to is prob my other hse mate and also the other 2 pharmacy boys... One remind me of my elder bro JC cause he's so much like my bro in so many way.... the other... remind me a bit of my 2nd bro cause... he likes food... =)
  • Staff in the hospital can get really... free... Like seriously... facebooking, youtubing, playing games on their hp, reading random things such as... recipes? @.@ But that doesn't mean that they're not doing their job... Its just that they've ran out of things to do!
  • Believe it or not... I actually look forward to going to work! =) I guess its partly cause I'm new... And I don't have much patients so far... Having said that, I dread the time where I need to wake up though...
  • Oh, and just to make things sounds nice... I am the only inpatient dietitian in the whole hospital! =D
  • Food at cafeteria is cheap...$4 for now... But the price will increase in another week's time...
  • I'm going to drive to Hobart somewhere in October!!!!!! @.@
Oh wait... its 0130hr already... Crap!!!! I think I should get some sleep... Can't afford to allow my biological clock get out of its current order.... >.<


Till then, adios world!!

*~*~*Sue*~*~*

No comments: