Thursday, March 17, 2011

And so the horror continues....

Wokay now.... Managed to sort out my TR application, and met up with my friends! =)

So anyway, life has pretty much been the same.... Finally completed my sewing project, now starting on my knitting project where I have made at least 50 mistakes! That really explains why the scarf I knit is still that short.... But hey, when I'm done with it, I'll be extremely proud of it (or so I think)!

AAAAAaaaanndddddddd.... Last but not least....

* drum roll*





DRIVING

Yes.... You read it right! Driving! My progress in driving hasn't improve one bit! Just today I tried to drive at one of the most peak hours... 6pm (people should be rushing home from work), and while my hands are clutched onto the steering wheel, the boy's hands were clutched onto the handbrake!

This time I didn't make it far... Maybe just a mere 5 minutes drive.... And I had to pull over and swap seats with the boy as we both agreed that it is simply not a good time for me to drive. =(

How did I pass my driving exam still remains a mystery.... I remember those good old days where I was able to drive for 2-3 hours on a lousy Kancil manual car! And now I have a WAAAYYYY better car, but I cant drive well...

*sigh*

So anyway, reason for me to swap seats with the boy was because of the extremely steep hill I was attempting to drive.... I managed to slowly force my car up the hill (with minimal problems), but had to break on the PEAK of the hill where the T-junction is.

So... First hill wasn't as bad... The boy had to refresh my memory on how to:
STOP - pull handbrake - look out for cars - and the car reversed down hill and later died (x1) + received short lecture on how to drive and then GO!

But the second hill was a real killer! I thought the first hill was steep, but somehow I felt as though the second hill (also had to stop on the peak of the hill as that's where the T-junction was again) was steeper! But wait, that's not the worst part... the worst thing was that there's a car behind of me (which I was well aware of), and the car happened to stop really close to my car!!!

The word "O-M-G" was the only thing I can think as I tried to focus hard on getting across the T-junction without letting the car fall back...

Luckily this time I've managed to successfully get to the other side of the road with LOTS of guidance from the boy before I pulled over the side of the road to swap seats.... And there goes training for the day....

I think me and manual aren't meant to be together... Whenever I drive the car, the handbrake seems to be the boy's best friend!

Meanwhile, we'll see how things goes and hopefully I'll learn to drive as well as all other normal drivers!

Signing out!!

*~*~*Sue*~*~*

No comments: