Saturday, February 20, 2010

random

Beauty.... What is beauty? They say that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, but... izit?

From what I gathered, I noticed that most people (guys & girls) thinks that being skinny is the ESSENTIAL key to being beautiful. But I cant help but to wonder... Don't people look emaciated when they go for those "fool proof" diets? I mean... Look at some of the models... I only see rib bones and hardly any boobs. There are no cruves on the body, no sign of feminism, only bones, hollow eye sockets and sunken cheeks staring (or rather glaring) at the camera. Isn't it freaky? How can people possibly see beauty in THAT?

As a student taking up dietetics, I always get questions from relatives, aunties, friends of all gender and age on what is the secret to being skinny. Some of them are already stick and bones, and they still demand that they should loose more weight to look more 'attractive'. I personally believe that they are not attractive in the sense that their pretty, but rather i find them attractive because its like watching a living skeleton from those bio labs walking around the streets! Okok... maybe i'm over exaggerating, but hey, I can bet 100% all of us had seen someone so skinny, that we actually took a second look at that person, admiring how can it be possible for people like that to look so much like... well... a skeleton~

This is gorgeous? I find it freaky...


Nope... still freakishly + unhealthily skinny in my own opinion

With the pressure from the media and all, I find it not surprising why most people label skinny as gorgeous and fat as disgusting. After all, with all those actors and actresses in tv being skinny, it is only natural that most people wanna look like them. After all, they are in the lime light while we 'normal' people are... plain + dull + boring.

But then again there are the few people who are just genetically skinny and just cant gain weight no matter how much they eat. And then there are the few people who are just skinny because they're just skinny. I personally find myself being labeled as skinny and even anorexic sometimes! And that just makes me plain annoyed. I get really pissed off when I am BANNED from talking bout skinny people just because I'm relatively thinner than most of my other friends. I seriously HATE it when I am not able to even give a general comment about other people being skinny without being bombarded with endless sarcasm and extremely crude (and occasionally rude) remarks. Maybe... MAYBE that is why I have to blog about it in my relatively dead blog where i know not many people will drop by to read it.

*sigh*

So anyway *change topic*

i was going to blog about guys playing musical instruments... but i guess i'll leave that to next time... meanwhile, i better catch up on my beauty sleep to minimize my the chances of me getting black rings tomorrow... till then...

sayonara~

*~*~*Sue*~*~*

No comments: