Sunday, November 30, 2008

Aloha Melbourne!

Hey there peps! missed me? The not entirely very brilliant girl in the world; not the world's best person ever; never the miss popular; but nevertheless, always the nice one, but never the right one... blah... exams finished on the 24th, and I'm dreading the 12th December to arrive, cause that's when results will be out! I have braced myself to have a relatively high possibility of failing one of my subjects. Honestly, I was personally angry + frustrated + irritated of myself after doing my paper. Cause I could have easily scored for some of the questions... not just ANY question, but its the TWENTY MARKS questions! and its not just 1 of them, it THREEEEEEE!!!!!

Omg....I am feeling depressed and tired and.. and... oh just forget it.... I only had a bottle of beer yesterday and loads of junks to go with it, so I'm still feeling full... I met 5 new guys, khoon, bobo (ok, not exactly new, but I dont remember him), John, Johnathan and Zack. These guys are kinda fun to hang out with especially when they're slightly (or maybe not at all) drunk, but still very much concious enough to focus and aim to win in the mah jong game. They're all my bro's frenz and my bro left to head back to his apartment while I stayed (they're playing at the place where I'm suppose to stay for that 2 nights) and helped the guys with counting of marks. The boys left at bout 4am, but khoon stayed on to have a nap so he can catch the tramp/ train back to his place. I manage to hold a few conversations to all of them, and some of them are just hilarious! =)

So I have officially left that tiny city Newcastle, NSW. Honestly that little city had made an impact in my life... I have engraved many unforgetable memories I shared with my friends or memories I share with no one else but myself in my heart and in the back of my mind. Thinking back about it, I remember the times where I had my 1st time experience such as... ... ...
  • Going out for movies with friends AT NIGHT
  • Going clubbing
  • Walking around Newie town in a swim suit / without a bra for the whole day (I didnt realise this till few days later)
  • Getting thrown into the sea
  • Having to stay with a roommate that can be considered as my half sis
  • Going for shopping spree and shop till i drop!!
  • Being able to pay all my bills and fees on my own without having someone to remind me
  • Cooking almost all our (me + roomie) meals! =)
  • Going for Halloween party and cross dressing party
  • Taking buses and trains to get to everywhere & anywhere (aka no car)
  • Lost my IC and credit card
  • Receiving red roses (i always get pink / white cause my ex knew i loved these 2 colours)
  • Baking a variety of stuff
  • Going gym / dance class
  • Hanging out at friends place till late at night
  • Drinking drinking drinking
  • *too many to list out... lazy to think*
Anyways these are some picture taken quite some time ago especially the cross dressing event and the end of sem2 bara dinner... before all those, here's a pic of the unsuccessful orange cake I made out of frustration after my Human Molecular Science (part 2) paper


Still cant really believe it that my cake turned out to be so thin! but texture and taste isnt all too bad though... it was nice and moist, and the taste was ok for me though Jenn mentioned that its a bit too sweet for her... Problem with it is just that the cake didnt fully rise

So right after the final paper, me and Jenn went out to have a decent dinner, and these are the pic taken while waiting for the train...


We need to destresssssss..... (Still love the view from the train station though... )


And it just got to cold... needed our shawls to provide some warmth while waiting for the train


I think this's the last pic of me and jenn taken for the year of 2008

The next day, it was cheryl's turn to destress! so we went off to charlestown for yet another shoping spree =) and after that yueen mun went back while me jenn and cheryl went off to newie beach, had a stroll along the beach, had our dose of ice-cream while sitting by the beach and chat for almost an hour plus before heading to darby street for some dessert and cocktail


Our cake (triple chocolate cake, mortal sin cake and sticky date pudding) and our cocktails... sadly cant remember the names though


Jenn with her lemon or maybe lime something cocktail


Cheryl with some coconut something cocktail i think... the flavour's something tropical if i'm not wrong


Me and my baileys and dunno what cocktail... =) YUM!

Meanwhile, we also needed to pack up to keep out stuff in storage... and we had to keep most of our stuff in boxes... making our room look like a storage and total mess!


Our room... filled with nothing but boxes boxes and more boxes!


and boxes literally SURROUNDING my bed!

and now... some photos that should've been posted up ages ago...

BARAHINEBAN END OF SEMESTER (2) DINNER


Itenary decorated with some interesting glittering stuff around it


Main course: chicken stuffed with rice... gotta rate an A+ for this ... tender chicken and the rice stuffing was quite flavorful. yumm...


Alternative dish: Beef... not too bad, a bit dry, but still... not too bad.. .not as good as the chicken though


group picture (L-R: me, jiann, val, intan, tim, dana, anne, yvonne, yueen mun)


Me with Danna (from Thailand) and Tim (local Australian)


Johnathan, me & Yueen mun... *nice pic*


jenn, anne & yvonne


I think I'm seeing double of double =P (L-R: jenn, wai yi, val, me)


The girls (L-R): me, jasmine, val, jenn, danna


I kinda like this candid shot... 100% natural reaction

Back in the room of 225


Me behind the scenes =P


me and jenn *so so so LOVE this pic!*

EVENTS FROM CROSS DRESSING


The sailormoon gang =)


the people in cheryl's block


random pictures


OMG... the guy in bikini actually has the body to wear bikini! @.@ even I dont have the body for that... so so wrong....


I hate to admit it... But the *ahem* guy dressed as santa rina looks pretty hot


More random pictures


Whoa... I see another guy who have boobs! =P

AAAAAANNNDDDDD........

The WINNER for the cross dressing event!


Please dont say I'm pretty... I'm suppose to be BeaUtiFuL! =P *go sailormoon*


me as a guy (i've been uglified by jenn) >.<

Last but not least... my dear friends that i mix the most around here... we weren't as close last year, but now that we're here together somehow we just got closer.
Left to right: Jennfer, Yueen Mun, Cheryl 'N' Me! =)

yeap yeap... this's one of my fav picture... we took it when we had a sleepover. Gotta admit I've learned loadz from these girls... For example:

from Jenn I've learnt the power of make up, the beauty of sleeping late, the feeling of having a 'sister' + coursemate + fren + roomie + personal assistant + movie buddy + shopping buddy, and there's just so much more i cant list it all here;

from Yueen Mun, I've learnt how much nonsense one person can do =P and how much drama one can have in their life... and she's one of the few girls i know (besides seok) who can plays a guitar! that is so OMG.... seriously i've gotta agree with cheryl... If a guy can play my fav song on the guitar and sing to me at the same time, i think i'll just instantly fall madly in love with him on the spot!! =P (p/s: if the guy dont have a good voice, he better not sing else i'll drop dead / become deaf) *winks*;

from Cheryl, I've leant the power of 'tai tai-ness' and also how useful cantonese is when it comes to scolding people. She also thought me on 'the great art of sarcartism' but have yet to mastered it. The main skill apparently, is to watch more HK dramas! so... anyone wanna lend me some TVB cds? =)


So gonna miss these 2 bears!

So that's all for now... As now i'm in Melbourne, life's treating me prety good... too good infact... eating like a pig non stop of foods extremely high in saturated fat. I'm can foresee that I'm so gonna get clogs in my arteries in the near future.... But hey, despite of that, I still love food! And KOKO black is a nice place to go to start of with... Located at Lygon street if my memory serves me right


KOKO black... apparently the best place for chocolate in Melboune


My drink: chocolate affagato if i'm not wrong


Chocolate: yummy
Ice-cream: so-so
Biscuit: nothing out of the ordinary

Meanwhile since I have nothing to do here, I decided to do a lil shopping for some personal item, and somewhat ended up buying ingredients to bake. So far I've made chocolate cake, or according to the recipe, its supposed to be mud cake. The aunty and uncle I stay with complement that it tastes nice, but 1 look at my cake I knew it was a failure. First of all, the cake sank! It didnt rise properly... So anyways i just added the chocolate icing and made a bit of deco so it looks more presentable....


well... at least it LOOKS like a chocolate cake


A slice of my master piece....

I've gotta say i'm disappointed with it though. In terms of taste, its definitey not chocolaty enough. And in terms of texture... Gosh... not only it is not moist, it's not even soft enough to pass my standards... Conclusion: failure! So gonna make my bro try it and ssee what he has got to say tomorrow... =)

Anyways, dont expect me to post another post that soon... Will be busy experimenting on new recipes if i have the time, and also might be busy once my parents come over on the 14th Dec... So if u guys dont hear from me till then...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR in advance!!! =)

signing offf!!!!
*~*Sue*~*

No comments: