Sunday, June 28, 2009

1 month of freedom! YAY!

Ah... finally exams are OVER! woohoo! looking forward for my trip to NZ this saturday! Hopefully all goes well and I'll get to go skiing if the weather's ok. Honestly I've spent my past few weeks studying and doing assignment (and yes, eat, sleep, usual stuff). Thanks to 'stress', I must say that I've spent quite a lot of $$$ on buying junks (chocolate bars, ice-cream, and other unnecessary stuff that'll add extra kilojoules around belly). And now that exam's over... the spending power have shifted from junk foods to shopping! gosh... wonder which's worse... Look on the bright side.. shopping minus the kilojoules from walking so... its a good thing!

I think i'm being slightly paranoid about gaining weight around the tummy after the 3-4 weeks of lectures on diabetes, 1-2 weeks lecture on heart diseases and 1 week lecture on obesity.. seriously... this course is changing the way i look at life!

Anywayz... I'm pretty proud to say that i still have got the touch for my maths! I remembered how i LOVED add maths back then i high school. And yes, i stil love maths! =)



WOOHOO! =)

And after the examinations, me and my friends were busy with Yueen Mun's MAJOR 21 b'day celebrations! But since her b'day fell during the exam period, the party was postponed till a week later...

Surprise #1 at midnight...




Dear YM is a fan of underwater / sea creatures... so yea..

Surprise #2 (later on in the evening)


Everyone made a dish... My apologies for not remembering who made what or who brought what. All i know is Val made the minced lamb with cauliflower on top, cheryl made the fried noodles that YM loves, and I made the apple crumble which's YM's FAVOURITE =)

PARTY NIGHT!!

The theme for the night is related to blue and sea and underwater. So pretty much everything's blue and white. Dress code? Denim... BLUE denim...

The decorations around the hall (decorated by YM and her friends)




I like this pic... =) *can u see the dolphin? I won it at the Easter show!*






Just for your info, the lobster is one of YM's fav stuffed toy creatures... So that's y the lobster is kinda in the center of attention.

Food for the night




The GLORIOUS Cake




EVERY SINGLE ITEM on both the cake and cupcakes are HANDMADE with love and care from YM's friends as well... can you believe it? its just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

There's a meaning behind the beauty of this cake. The main octopus is the b'day girl, while the rest of the sea creatures surrounding the cake are the b'day girl's friends. Isnt that so thoughtful of them to think of something like that? *secretly wish that i'd have such luck too* =P



Jennifer = pink lobster



Me = pink dolphin


Cheryl = yellow starfish...

The people who attended to the party...



The people who sang / perform for YM for the night...



Random photos and group photos of ym & her friends!


















The people playing games (mostly board games and card games)


This has gotta be one of my favourite picture for the night




Girls being girls....
Some random poses for the camera! =)



This picture reminds me of a family photo =)



The banner Johnathan made for YM's party before flying back to S'pore



Behind the scenes......

Me and jenn literally ran out of breath BLOWING all those balloons!


Cheryl attempting to make the blue cloth stay on the wall and not fall off =D


The people who helped take down & clear up all the deco items placed around the hall



And I am SO THANKFUL there are people who're willing to take the balloons back. Shows that our efforts were appreciated =)


Last but not least, a pic of me and my roomie (as usual, and as always)


The remaining posts are just some random stuff I made for this year... SOme of them are nice, some aren't... =) But hey! at least there's someone there to help me finish with whatever i made!

Mocha cookies



Moist Chocolate cake





Apple struddle

Ok... this wasnt made by me (obviously), it was ordered, and bought all the way from Adelaide, flew to Sydney, then to Newcastle! we had 2 boxes, and it cost us A$22.00 each box. Pricey? YES! But the taste and texture and flavour and.. and... and the whole package was worth every single cent! I would HIGHLY recommend people to try this out when they are in Adelaide. *double thumbs up*






Barley + ginko + fu chuck

I still find it funny that I made this sweet dessert considering I never quite liked ginko, and that I am not a fan of barley. But yet, I believed that ginko helps in brain memory which means is good for us (especially when studying for clinical nutrition).

Bread and butter pudding

Yes, its slightly burnt on the outside, but yea... not a success... not enough taste and not sweet enough... I'll make this again in the near future... Mark my words... I WILL MAKE THIS AGAIN!

Scones


This turned out ok.. and i love scones! easy to make, yummy to eat.

Some random chocolate coated lemon cookies sprinkled with chopped peanuts




The lemon biscuit was actually based on a basic butter biscuit where i decided to add some lemon juice into it to give it the extra twist of lemony taste in it. The chocolate coat and crushed peanuts was also some spontaneous idea that i just thought out >.<

Yueen Mun's so-called-birthday apple crumble for the birthday surprise #2


Chocolate caramel tiramisu





Some of my friends liked it, some didnt... And i... have no comments (i need more feedback!!!!)

Sticky date pudding

Caramel sauce for the sticky date pudding





The sticky date pudding cake


And this's how it should look lik as the final product: Sticky date pudding drizzled with generous amount of caramel sauce topped with ice-cream (preferably vanilla if possible, but we ran out of vanilla ice-cream) or alternatively served with whipped cream if ice-cream is too sweet for those who're not fond of sweet stuff like me


My currently 2nd most successful dessert so far

CUPCAKES galore!

And yes.... I did not made these too... Bought it in Queen Victoria Building in Sydney today...






These cupcakes are bought, tested and ranked 8/10! The brown one is tiramisu cupcake while the one with the heart shape... erm... not to sure what's the flavour. Well... technically they taste like cupcakes, nothing extraordinary, but its just oh-so-adorable! =)
*P/S: these cuties are not cheap, but worth while to try. Thumbs up for it!


Yet another random picture of me and a turkey drumstick =)

Well... I guess that's all for now... My next post would probably be end of next month after i return from my NZ trip... unless i have extra time, then i'll update this blog during my NZ trip... till then... ADIOS!

Signing out!

*~*~*Sue*~*~*

No comments: