Sunday, August 31, 2008

post-pre-placement exams

Okie! Its time to catch a breath and relax... After studying my brains out for pre-placement exams, and exceeding the stress meter level by probably 300%, i can officially announce.... MERDEKA!! =) (it is Merdeka day as I am typing here) So... right, pre-placement exam was basically those typical exams where u study, memorise, understand and go to the examination hall and just write non-stop and apply what u've studied into your questions. We will not know for now on how much we got for the exam as our course coordinator will mark till we get mroe than 50% of the paper right, then she'll put our paper aside and e-mail us IMMEDIATELY!

Well, she has to work out fast as rearrangements need to be done for those who cant attend placements and stuff like that. I am proud to say that we (me + all my fellow Malaysian coursemates) passed! woohoo! but too bad I'll be sent of to some Cessnock region with 2 other Aussies instead of my Malaysian friends (not like i have a choice). So anyways, I got my results on Friday, which coincides with the Newcastle Merdeka Night Celebration. This was what happened when my friends ask me to check my results... ... ...

*Early morning, 10+ am*

*Jenn's room phone rang, while i was peacefully sleeping, dead to the world*

Jenn: Blah blah blah blah blah (I was still sleeping)
SHU LIN!! Yueen Mun called and the results ARE OUT!!

zzz.... ZZzzz... *huh?*
Me: Oh, okie okie... I'll go check

*reaches for laptop and miraculously found the "on/off" button to switch it on*

zzzZZzzzzz... (dunno how many seconds/minutes passed)

Jenn: Shu Lin! I passed!!
Me: Really? Wow... Congratz!

*opens eyes, and type in my password for like... 5-6 times before i successfully typed it out correctly*

zzZZZZZZzzzzZZzzz.... (dunno another how many seconds/minutes passed)

*Signs into studentmail, and retyped my passwords for like... countless number of times*

and... .Out pop the inbox with the first Message that says something like "congratulations! U've succefully passed your placement test...", or something like that. To be honest, I cant really remember the details, as I was saying, I was still partially aslep.

Me: Yay.. I passed... (zzzZZzzz)
Jenn: (forgot what she said... prob congratz)
Me: U know.. She just sent this e-mail 30 minutes ago
Jenn: Hey, she sent mine at 8 something!
Me: @.@ (starts sms-ing a fren)
Jenn: *picks up phone* We passed!!

the later events..... cant really recall what happened... I know a friend of mine skype me to congratulate me, another fren personally called me on myhp.. but i seriously dont remember the details... Was I feeling happy? well... honestly, I was feeling pretty emotionless as I was still dead tired and sleepy at the same time... anyways, I got back to sleep though there were some minor interruptions to my beauty sleep before and after i checked my results. But no minor interruptions like that will affect me!

So, after I finally managed to wake up, we had to prepare for some rehearsal for the choir prac for Merdeka night (same day as the day results we out). Me and Jenn paid our accomodation fees and walk all the way to that place, only to find out that the person incharge of the mic are not there and what-so-ever nonsense. so we ended up going back home, and getting ready for the night. We were suppose to meet up at 5pm, but we were about 30 minutes late, and the mic system thingy was still not up yet! I personally felt that my effort of running there was pretty much wasted.

So anyways, after rehearsaling and all, we took loadz and LOADZ of pictures.... .... ....

*note: I'll label the people from left to right, and clockwise direction (if i know all of their names)*


Me and Seok Kheng (whoa... first time see her wear dress. and she's so yeng with the camera!)


The girls: (L-R) stephanie, yvonne, cheryl, kimberly, yueen mun, jennifer, me, anne, intan, wai yee


me, intan, wai yee, anne, yvonne, yatta (from finland), stephanie, cheryl, jennifer


The girls in cheongsum: me, jenn, wai yee


the girls at our table: Gaik Tin, Intan, Anne, Me, Jennifer, Wai Yee


The 3 fishes! =P Cheryl (fish 3), Me (fish 1), Jennifer (fish 2)

The Choir group: sadly cant see the conductress's face....
Choir members (L-R): Val, Pin Sze, Hui Ru, Cheryl, Rachael, Ai Lee, Jennifer, Me
Conductrss: Cherlyn


Choir 1


Choir 2


Choir 3


Then we had lion dance after the choir group! =)


The background for the stage "Malaysia 50+1"


The mesmerizing bollywood dance (the girls.... GEORGOUS!; the guys... hillarious?) =P


yet another pic of them...


The bollywood dancers (girls)


oh, this's the 2nd time the choir group went out to perform... which's also something like the finale song (here in my home) to officially end the dinner

Ai lee, jenn, me, William


er... hmm.... the guy in black's one of our rapper



and yea, the by standers along the side


er.... photographers?

So that was all for the dinner... next up was pic session! =)

Fan fan fan... the fan attracted heaps of attention! maybe cause its the prize for the best dressed couple...


Jenn, Mei Xin (winner for best dressed) and me


Val, Anne, Gaik Tin, Wai Yee, Intan, me, Jenn


*forgot her name*, intan, pin shen, me, pin sze, Jenn


erm... *dunno what's his name*, hazri (i think), Cheryl, Sheela, Jen, Me, Morni, Intan, Eric


Me, Vee Lyn (MC), Jennifer


Me + Adrian


Me + Seang Foo (i think that's his name)


Me + intan


Me + Wai Yee


Me, Yvonne, Jennifer


Me, Kevin (winner for best dressed), jennifer


The kebaya girls: Vee Lyn, Cheryl


Me, Cheryl, Charlene, Jennifer, Anne, Vee Lyn


Sugitha, Jennifer, Sharon, Me, Intan, Wai Yee (i sooo want to wear saree next year!)


me, Anne, Intan, Hafiz? (president of malaysian society, but cant remember his name), Wai Yee, Jennifer


Me + Cherlyn (our much appreciated conductress)


Me, Val, Yueen Mun, Hui Ru, Jennifer

Moments with the umbrella... ... ...


Cheryl, Suzzie, Anne


Intan, Wai Ye, Anne, Hazri


Anne


Cheryl (air-stewardress?) =P


Suzzie


last but not least... Me too! =)

Whacky yet Fun moments:


Jenn = Chun Li (streetfighter character)


Me + Suzzie, unarmed but dangerous


Malaysian Kung Fu! *la la la la la* Jennifer, Suzzie, Me


Cheryl, Jennifer, Me, Suzzie


Cheryl, Jenn, *forgot her name*, Me, Suzzie


And of course... a pic of me and my roomie! =)

We will all be heading for placement week after next! it'll be of heaps of new experience for me, and hopefully all goes well! Till then, i had better checkout my wardrobe for placement clothes... >.<

Signing out
*~*~*Sue*~*~*

No comments: